Retiring in Costa Rica has been recommended for many years and so here is a list of the top 10 reasons to retire in Costa Rica. There are many more reasons why AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) and International Living and other retirement organizations and magazines speak so highly of Costa Rica. But here are the Top Ten Reasons to retire in Costa Rica:
TOP 10 REASONS TO RETIRE IN COSTA RICA
- You can buy and own property in Costa Rica without being a citizen or resident
- Costa Rica has been a Democracy since 1953 and is has no Army and is protected - but not really controlled by - the USA, so you need not worry about some Military coup putting in a dictator who will steal your property from you
- The climate in Costa Rica can be whatever you want to be - unless you like snow. It all depends on elevation and location. If you live in the mountains it can be very cool at 5,000 feet. If you like the beach it will be hot and humid but the ocean s perfect temperature for cooling off with a swim, all year long.
- If you want to be around other Caucasians or "gringos" as the Ticos kindly refer to us (this is not an insult), Costa Rica has plenty, as it is one of the prime destinations for expats due to the aforementioned reasons and others
- Costa Ricans - called Ticos - are very friendly and helpful people. They mostly like Americans and if you make an effort to talk to them and respect them and their country you can make some great Tico friends
- Costa Rica is only a 3 hour flight from Florida and 4-5 hours to most U.S. cities, so you can visit your family in the USA any time you want
- If you have as little as $1,000 a month guaranteed income such as social security or a government pension, you can become a legal resident of Costa Rica within 6 months to a year after you begin the process
- Costa Rica is a small country but has 2 coasts - Atlantic and Pacific - mountain ranges, rain forests, cloud forests, jungle, modern cities, small towns, and as mentioned above, many different micro-climates to choose from
- Costa Rica has modern hospitals with excellent doctors. In fact many people come here specifically for medical and dental procedures they cannot afford in the USA
- Costa Rica has much more affordable property and cheaper construction than in the USA. You can buy Costa Rica property or build a house there for much less money than in the USA
All in all, Costa Rica is a great choice to escape the United States or just to try a different kind of lifestyle in a new environment. Many Americans, Canadians, French, Italians and Swiss live here and love it.
It's not for everyone though so be sure to read the Top 10 Tips to Retire Successfully in Costa Rica.
Thanks for reading my list of the Top 10 Reasons To Retire In Costa Rica, and please click on this link to learn how to buy real estate in Costa Rica, how to find a good attorney and so on.